Course DescriptionAugust 24, 2023 2023-09-07 4:33
The course description is an important part of your course content on the landing page as the course description will contain information about the objective and goals of the content created by you. This description will majorly form the basis, of whether your content is suitable for the student or not.
It is important to write the description impressively to convince the student to buy your course. You have to emphasize the best part of your course and mention its aim.
The necessary information required includes :
- · The course description should be the summary of your course content, including the methodology you have used, the takeaway messages for students, and the learning that they will have from your course.
- · The tone and structure of the description need to be appropriate to optimize the sales for that particular course.
- · The course description should not include any image links even links to MWCedu of course.
- · All these points are being checked in the process of quality review, once you submit the content.
What will be covered in this article?
· This article will cover the quality standards that you need to follow for the tone and structure of the description along with examples of some impressive course descriptions.
· The article will also emphasize on the minimum requirements or criteria to pass the quality review and a guide to edit your course description at any time on the website.
Quality Standards for Description Tone
1. Target questions to be analyzed before writing the Description :
- · The location in demographics of the student to which the course is being taught.
- · The learning which the student will have from the course.
- · The detail of what makes your course unique and how the course will be beneficial in enhancing the skill set of the student.
- · A detailed description of what the student needs and what your course exactly offers.
- · Information about how your course is solving the problems of the student by providing quality content with easily understandable concepts.
2. How to create a personal touch through your description?
- It is important for you as an instructor to have a personal touch with the students. Hence the use of the words, YOU, US, etc. are advised rather than students for course participants like words. The language that you use in your content should be clear, easily understandable, and should have sentences of small lengths to engage students.
3. Some Examples
Some impressive examples of this include
Towards the end of this content, you will have the skill set to do code in HTML.
4. Careful use of Bold and Uppercase command
- · The uses of capital and bold words should be done vigilantly as they are important to emphasize required subjects.
- · A lengthy bullet point list should not be there in the description.
5. Mention the Benefits of your course
- · You should be able to mention the benefits of your course and the uniqueness you offer to the students.
Quality Standards for Structure :
1. Addition of Introductory lines of substance
· It is important to add a very impressive introduction to your course and the uniqueness that your methodology has to offer.
2. Put a Heading after the Introduction
· The title of the course should not be repeated in this heading.
· This heading should contain one action verb stating the subject and the context of the course.
3. Create points using bullets and numbers for concise representation
· The structure should have bullet points rather than lengthy and long paragraphs that are difficult to read.
· The bullet points should also be short and should start with one action verb.
4. Add Overview of Topic Name(One line)
This topic overview should be different from the heading mentioned above.
5. Add an Overview of the Topic of the Course (2-3 paragraphs)
· Some small paragraphs should be dedicated to the uniqueness, importance, and evaluation of the topic and how this is relevant in the present times.
· Usage of real-world examples may facilitate the understanding of this section.
6. Add an Overview of the objectives of the course
· You should try to dedicate the highest number of words in this particular section.
· This section should have a detailed explanation of the bullet points that you mentioned above.
· This can include the number of lectures type of quizzes documents and creative assignments which you have prepared in the course.
· The end of this section should have a conclusion which should contain a takeaway message for the student.
Criteria for passing through the process of the Review System at MWCedu
· The course description should summarize the content of the course, its methodology, and again the learning that the student will have after completion of this course.
· No images external links or other course links should be included under this section.
Course Description: Refer Examples
Examples include Data Course, JAVA language, and Pathophysiology Course.
Steps to edit Course Description
You can click here to learn more about editing the Course Description.